Monday, July 2, 2007

Music I Like: iTunes Play Count Edition


1. "To Go Home" - M. Ward : Matt Ward has a beautiful, not-too-polished voice - "Handle With Care" from Jenny Lewis' album shows how uniquely appealing M. Ward's voice is when stacked next to more commercial dudes like Ben Gibbard and Conor Oberst. "To Go Home" is one of my favorites from his Post-War album - I love this song so very much that I want to share it with everyone. Here's the link to download this lovely, lovely Daniel Johnston cover.

2. "Go It Alone" - Beck : BECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. "Damaged Goods" - Gang of Four : Great song, great band. That's all.

4. "Summer's Gone" - Aberfeldy : I'll begin with the obligatory "I want everyone to know that I liked this song two years ago, way before it was on a Coke commercial" statement. However, it's cutesy, catchy '60's organ sound lends itself well to commercials (you can't get it out of your head!), so I still like this song post-"selling out."

5. "My Doorbell" - The White Stripes : I'm not a huge White Stripes fan, but this fab song, with its drum-beats-and-Jack-White-singing makes me want to buy their entire catalogue.

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

My top 5 songs, according to play count:
1 - Don't Say Nuthin' - The Roots. This was during my (ongoing) rap phase.
2 - Cigarettes Will Kill You - Ben Lee. So true. Cigarettes WILL kill you. I listen to this song every day to keep me from smoking.
3 - We Used to Be Friends - The Dandy Warhols. I miss Veronica Mars :( Stupid CW.
4 - Pour Some Sugar on me - Def Leppard. No explanation needed.
5 - She Drives me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals. Best one hit wonder ever.