Monday, June 16, 2008

Things I Wish Weren't Familiar Enough to Like: Hospital Edition


1. Adjustable bed: It's kind of fun, before the novelty wears off. And it's certainly comfortable.
2. Heated blankets: Probably the only thing from the hospital that I wish existed in regular life. There's nothing better than a white cotton blanket that's been sitting in a heating container.
3. Unlimited Sprite: Once I'm allowed to drink things, I always go for the refreshing taste of Sprite. I must obey my thirst, after all. (I wish Coca-Cola was paying me money to say these things.)
4. Unlimited TV time: Can be a bad or a good thing. I watched a bunch of movies I would never have watched in real life (Outside Providence, The Other Sister, View From the Top, and the ABC Family Original movies The Circuit, The Cutting Edge 2: Going for the Gold, and The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream). I may or may not be a better person for it - I'll let you decide.
5. Balloons: There aren't enough times in life when balloon bouquets are appropriate; birthdays, some parties, and hospital stays are the only occasions I thought of that warrant a balloon bouquet. I guess a colorful, happy balloon bouquet is worth a little time in the hospital. Although I would rather it be my birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm at work reading your blog and all I could think of was Sprite. That's all I wanted. I blame you!

amy b. said...

It makes me sad that you have this list. Stupid hospitals.

Ciara said...

i will give you a balloon bouquet anytime you want...for like dragon appreciation day...i'll send some with a steak.