Friday, August 3, 2007

Stuff I Like: Pass the Clean and Clear Edition


1. The O.C. : There are so many things I love about this show: the soundtrack, Ryan punching people (in Season One, mostly), Taylor Townsend, Julie Cooper - Nichols - Roberts, and the zombie/ninja references that set The O.C. apart from other teen dramas.
2. Degrassi: The Next Generation : Oh, Canada, you did good by Degrassi. Not only does Degrassi feature the words "aboot" and "sore-y," but it features every single Issue Facing Today's Youth. Teen pregnancy is nothing compared to coke addiction, stripping to pay your mother's rent, school shootings, perscription drug dealing, female and male eating disorders, living in the boiler room because you're bipolar, gambling addiction, and becoming the school slut by wearing low-rise jeans and a thong. I love Degrassi.
3. The Best Years: A fab new Canadian teen melodrama about an orphaned girl who earns a full-ride scholarship to a fictional Ivy League university. It's great so far, very Degrassi-sort-of-grows-up.
4. Forever 21: Maybe one of the defining marks of our generation - a clothing store built around the same concept as faux-designer handbag kiosks. The prices are so cheap that it doesn't matter when the hem comes unstitched or the necklace tarnishes after a week. *Love*
5. High School Musical: OMG, I so loved HSM b4 every-1 else did!!!1!!1! Actually, I tried really hard to hate it and claimed I was watching it again because I loved MST3k-ing it. After my fourth viewing, I gave up that position and asked for the Remix Edition DVD for Christmas. BONUS: my Disney-Channel-extra neighbor got me a poster signed by all of the main cast members - Corbin Bleu even wrote "To Maren Love, Corbin Bleu." That's right - High School Musical loves me back.

No comments: