Friday, March 14, 2008

Stuff I Like: Dying of Barfness Edition


1. Mary Higgins Clark novels: My favorite kind of trash - every heroine wears silk shirts and wool slacks, has some sort of reporting or interior decorating job, and has never lived anywhere but New York City. Inevitably, a relative or close friend is murdered and the heroine must solve the mystery of who did it. Along the way, she will meet an attractive young detective or reporter or rich blue-blood bachelor who falls in love with her. She solves the case, he runs to her side, and they all live richly ever after. It's fab.


2. Cambell's soup: The only time I like chicken noodle soup is when I'm sick. Otherwise, it's too salty and really disgusting.


3. HGTV: I will spend entire days watching HGTV. Divine Design, Designed to Sell, Designer's Challenge, reDesign, Design on a Dime, and my very favorite, House Hunters International. I'm so very set to buy and decorate a bungelow-style two-story in New Zealand.


4. 7-Up: my favorite uncola. It will have to become my favorite drink, since I've learned this week that Diet Coke is bad for my sickness. So, no more DC, but 7-Up is good.


5. Martha Stewart: I love her. Today, I learned how to make an easter basket out of an old doilie, using only a kitchen bowl and fabric stiffener. I also learned how to make chocolate cookies with a mint-chocolate ganache. And it was all so pleasant and easy and accessible. Martha Stewart is one of the greatest things in the world, heaven bless her.

No comments: