Monday, June 25, 2007

Stuff I Like: Day Off Edition

1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix : I'm preparing for the Deathly Hallows - I am in the "Snape is Loyal" faction of Muggle readers.

2. Sleeping In : Waking up at eleven is one of my favorite things EVER. Best way to use half of a day off.

3. Nylon magazine : If you read the magazine, you can tell that I adore Nylon's art direction, fashion, and music taste. The "Private Icon" feature is the best: it leaves starlet fashion behind and analyzes style sensibilities anywhere from Taxi's Elaine Nardo to the boys in The Outsiders. The magazine loves street style and usually features groovy kids living in cities ranging from Omaha and Portland to Berlin and Stockholm.

4. Swimming : My work out of choice - it's physically demanding, but relaxing as well. Miles better than running, ellipticalling, or yogaing.

5. Au Revoir Simone : A fun little girl band consisting of three friends and their Casio keyboards. It only sounds gimmicky - their music is the kind of sweet, light pop that's perfect on a sunny summer afternoon.

No comments: