Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Stuff I Like: I Really Like Ridiculously Long Album and Song Titles Edition



1. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys : It's funny and it's true. And I really love the Arctic Monkeys. Seriously. Listening to them right now, as you should.

2. I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass - Yo La Tengo: I know I lose all credibility in saying this, but I haven't actually listened to the album. I just think the title is super hilarious.

3. When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right. - Fiona Apple : Officially the longest album title EVER, according to the Guiness Book of World Records. It's also a really, really good album (as well as the soundtrack to my high school breakup).

4. "Hail to Whatever You Found in the Sunlight," The Execution of All Things - Rilo Kiley : This song sounds like flecks of dust floating around in that lazy beam of sunlight streaming through the window. And that's a good thing.

5. Of Montreal - The grande champion of long, weird song titles, on any given album . . . Here are a few samples:
"The Couple In Bed Together Under a Warm Blanket Wrapped Up In Each Other's Arms"
"Sadness Creeping Up and Scaring Away the Couple's Happiness"
"It's Easy to Sleep When You're Dead"
"My What a Strange Day With a Swede"
"Dustin Hoffman Thinks About Eating the Soup" (heh. heh heh.)
"Heimsdalgate Like a Promethean Curse"

No comments: